Friday, October 18, 2013

Update

Kathe and I stopped into see Julie as we finished a retreat near Dubuque yesterday as she had her MRI yesterday and was struggling with her CPR EXAM and she just needed a little visit.  She has been called back for further clarification of areas with an Ultra Sound I next Wed....Kathe and I will then be with her Thur eve and into Fri with the Doc Report and treatment plan and Prognosis.  Keep her in your prayers as per usual🙏
So we do know Tom has his procedure next week and so he knows we are all thinking and praying for a speedy recovery as well...
Retirement going well for me as Kathe and I prance all over town telling everyone we are now on "a fixed income" and to give us a deal😆.
Thus we went to the Our Lady of the Mississippi Abbey for our retreat.  It was so relaxing and introspective and we now feel very holy.  Hahaha. We got to go to walk at St Donatus Stations and also see inside the Church.  I will post a pic  of the stained glass windows and altar and other views.
  Today I spent time at Morton Arboretum so lots of exercising occurring for sure.
Tomorrow Kathe and I volunteered to paint ladies hands and give hand massages for her Parish at an Old Folks Residence.  It should be fun and service orientated...
We will keep u posted.
Nettie visited both myself and Jo and Bob this week. It is good to see her and so I get to perhaps have a chance to visit her someday in Hawaii via her invite...

 We understand that Mary and Ed are great grandparents again..congrats!!
We hope to touch base with pat and MJ soon as well.
Love to one and all on this Oct 18 !!!P

2 comments:

  1. thanks for all the pics of St. Donatis Church, Peg. Ive always longed to go back up there, and my last visit was nearly 15 years ago, and because of my mom, was only a drive by.( We were unfortunately in her car.) My dad was born nearby there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, Peg, thanks for the updates on Julies progress. I did talk with her last week and she sounds optimistic and getting all her ducks in a row before surgery. Im asking all of you to please keep prayers going for Jon and family as they seek some resoulution to their ordeal over custody situations.

    ReplyDelete