Monday, November 04, 2013

Post Halloween Party Week

So I am going to brag about what a great time was had by all the last few days.....well I should speak just for me but first I want to thank all of you who sent me a sweet birthday message or email or song....or card, etc.  It was a special year  65 now and it was so fun to hear from my family.
 Also, Kathe and Roseanne and I finally did get together on Sat....we lunched at Pappadeaux Restaurant..our tradition and then spent the evening at home and were lucky to have Pat and Mary Jo and Norb, Alicia an Layla and Brett stop by to say hello to Kathe and all to help celebrate.  I was lucky to be with Layla on Trick or Treat Night and we had a jolly get together there and for the next day or two, the partying continued.  Today, back to getting things done at my home and just remembering how lucky I am to have all these loving people around me.

   Made my first Raspberry Pie...with a few baking tricks, it was not bad at all!  Kathe and I are now making sure we get our to do list ready for our trip to Clinton to be with Julie Friday...We hear that Kevin, Brian, Mary Jo and perhaps Pat may make it......I think I see a Manny's taco in my future to celebrate a successful operation for Julie.
    Pat just emailed me that there was a rumor of an earthquake here in my area..but truth is that a Quarry Exploded near where my old office home town is (La Grange).  It seems it scared a lot of people but no injuries noted.  Thanks to God for that.

    Since I have had trouble getting on here lately, I am going to say Good Bye,  Again thanks for all your greetings and we will pop back on once we are with Julie .

2 comments:

  1. So far it looks like I will see you all on Friday for mom's surgery in Davenport. I will know for sure by tomorrow but as of right now I should be there.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Peg, congrats on your raspberry pie. Now that you have done that you should be able to wipe out pumpkin pie with ease, being only a one crust pie. Did you use your mom's recipe? I don't recall her ever making a raspberry pie. She was the queen of cheery pies. Sister Marilyn was the queen of pumpkin pie making. Had many delicious pumpkin pies at she and Mikes place. I can still see Bob Smith searching thru the way upper cupboards to find the pies your mom had hidden for the next day, he did it right after she went to bed sometimes and I guess he just wanted to anticipate the goodness to come as Im sure he never snitched a piece. So glad you will all be there to support and encourage Julie in her recovery. She will no doubt be ready to enjoy those tacos with all of you on Saturday, after her long fast on Friday. Sounds like she has been really getting well prepared for all of it. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete